The Progressive Caucus will be meeting at 9:00 am this Monday morning in the Shaker Room in the Desmond Hotel, 660 Albany Shaker Rd. Albany NY at the NYS Democratic Committee meeting.
We will be celebrating the victory of own Progressive Caucus Secretary Jo Anne Simon who won the Democratic primary for the 52nd Assembly Seat in Brooklyn. She will also be speaking about the impact, or lack thereof, of the Working Families Party endorsements in the September primaries.
We will also hear from County Chairs about the political meaning of the recent Gubernatorial primary, especially in Counties where Zephyr Teachout won.
- Were these votes for a more progressive political agenda or simply protest votes?
- Was the recent primary a referendum on fracking upstate?
- Or was the vote simply a reflection of low voter turnout generally and an upstate Democratic voter base that skews more liberal than the rest of the state?
- What message do you think Governor Cuomo should read in the voting results of the September primary?
- And what does it mean for progressive Democrats working within the State Party structure?